BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

November 30, 2009

Publix Take

I went shopping last night for the first time in two weeks. I spent $49.00 and saved $97.00.

I got 6 bottles of Sundown Vitamin B6 for FREE because Publix had a store coupon to save $6.00 on 2 bottles of vitamins. I also had manufacturer coupons to save $1.00 on one bottle. The vitamins were $3.49, so they were free.

I got 3 nail clippers. My husband said that I have a fetish for clippers because I buy so many. Silly man! I had to explain to him that the clippers cost $1.50 and I have this awesome store coupon that saves $2.50 off any 1 Revlon Beauty Tool. I earn $1.00 for each package of clippers that I purchase. That extra money goes towards the final balance of my grocery bill, making my final cost lower. This is why I buy the clippers. They won't go bad. I can give them away in gift packages or to the local homeless shelter.

I got 2 packs of Contact Cold and Cough medicine for FREE. I had this amazing coupon to save $7.00 when I bought 2 products of any kind from that manufacturer. I also had store coupons to save $2.00 of one box of Contac. Combined, the savings totaled $11.00. The Contact was priced at $5.39, so I actually came out with a little extra to apply to the final cost.

With that same $7.00 coupon, I got 2 boxes of Sominex. These were priced at $3.19, so again I had a bit left over.

I got 2 packs of Sudafed Cough and Cold medicine for FREE. The Sudafed was priced at $3.99. I had a store coupon to save $2.00 off one box and a manufacturer coupon to save $2.00.

I got 5 packs of Fisher's Trail Mix for free. They were on sale with the Buy 1 Get 1 Free, so they were priced under $1.00. I had 5 coupons to save $1.00 on any Fisher product.

As usual, there were many things I purchased without coupons or with minimal savings because I had to have them. I'm also in the habit of treating my husband to something sweet and there is rarely a coupon for that.

I'll be going to Kroger one day this week, but I'm not sure when.

0 comments: