BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

September 30, 2009

Publix Take

In addition to my trip to Kroger on Monday, I also visited Publix. I love going to Publix, especially on Sunday or Monday. Publix has a weekly mystery coupon that is good on Sunday and Monday. You never know what the mystery product is until you arrive at the store, but the product will be only $0.01 when you purchase at least $10.00 worth of groceries.

Smart Balance butter sticks were on sale for 2 for $3.49, which made each pack $1.74. I had a coupon to save $1.50 off any purchase of butter sticks. The coupon lowered the price of the Smart Balance butter sticks to $0.24 each.

Johnson and Johnson First Aid Travel Kits were $1.47. I had a coupon to save $3.00 when you buy 2 J & J First Aid products. The coupon lowered the price of these two first aid kits to FREE.

Bird's Eye Steamfresh Vegetables were on sale for $0.89 each. I had 6 coupons to save $0.50 on each pack of vegetables. The coupon lowered the price to -$0.11. What this means is that the coupon reduced my overall costs by $0.11 for each bag of vegetables I bought. Publix PAID ME to take those vegetables home. Situations like this are termed "Better than FREE!"

Cocoa Puff Cereal was on sale for $1.99 a box. I had 2 coupons for $1.00 off Cocoa Puffs Cereal. The coupons reduced the price to $0.99 a box.

There were other purchases, but these are the big savings.

My Receipt


Store Coupons = $9.32
Vendor Coupons = $25.00
Advertised Savings = $27.35
Advantage Buy Savings = $0.64

Total Savings = $62.31

What I paid = $18.05

0 comments: